Friday, July 29, 2011

Touching the Heart of God

This week has been incredible! I've been able to relax and meet God in many different ways! We have also gotten to dance a lot. =) We got to dance down in the park on Sunday night. It was so much fun! After we finished dancing they asked us if we could do it again. =) Before we had gone to the park, we had a worship time and HG and I were able to do some worship dance there too. Later, Hannah Grace and I also went to dance in the park in the afternoon on Thursday. It was pretty hot so we didn't stay too long, but we were able to bring God glory in the short 30 min we were there. We have done worship dance sessions inside and outside as well.

I was thinking about worship dance and it's spiritual significance. There are many ways to touch the heart of God. Everyone has a different gifting that they can use to touch his heart and lead others into touching the heart of God. One of those gifts is dance, more specifically worship dance. Here in China, the people love to dance. Especially the different minority groups. Dance is the heartbeat of their culture. Some dances are made to worship other gods and some are just for pleasure because dancing is fun! I was thinking about how when they dance to worship gods, they are bringing in spirits....evil spirits. So what better way to make Jesus known that to worship him through dance and bring in His Spirit! =) Dance is something that goes beyond language barriers, beyond stubborn hearts, beyond the unwillingness to listen to the gospel and strikes the person deep in their heart without them even knowing what has happened. Through music and movement we are able to usher in a passageway for the Holy Spirit to encounter their heart. And its fun and touches our heart in the meantime! =)

I love dancing because I'm able to express my heart in a way words can't. I'm able to connect with God on a deeper level than anything I've experienced. I encourage you to find that place. Whether it's in a room by yourself with worship music on, whether it's worshiping with lots of other people, whether it's singing as loud as you can, whether it's journaling/drawing/painting, whether it's dancing, or whatever it may be....it is crucial that you find that place where you experience the touching the heart of God for you, the people around you, and the nations. And it's fun! I always learn something about who I am, who God is, and what is on God's heart when I encounter Him. The only way to survive living in this present age is to daily meet with God! Seek Him and His face. I can promise you that you won't be disappointed!

Fun story: Hannah Grace told me the other day that she remembers me worship dancing waaayyy back at RiverStone during a Facedown service. She said since then, she wanted to be a dancer and worship Jesus through dance. When you encounter and meet with God, it impacts others!!!

Update! Merav and Nitzan, one of the Israeli couples, are coming on Tuesday! We are excited to get to meet with them! =)

Blessings!
Ashton


Dancing in the square on Sunday night

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am inspired to seek God in the place He has made for me, that makes my heart come alive! I am so proud of you! love that pic! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana and Papa are a bit behind on reading emails and blogs, since we had no internet access at Kampa (the location of the youth camp in Spain). What incredible things you have and are experiencing! We can't wait to hear all the details.
    Love,
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashton! C.S. Lewis spoke somewhere about the great dance orchestrated by the Lord that all the universe will one day join in to worship the Creator of all. I think True worship will sync us with what's going on in the throne room of God and your movements take on the substance of Heaven as you give yourself to Him. Keep pressing in girl!! God is moving through your surrender to Him!!

    ReplyDelete