Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ni hao from China!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!!

I'm in China!!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOW! I arrived in China on Thursday, 3pm China time. All of my layovers, switching planes, luggage checking, customs, immigration, flights, all went really smoothly! Thank you so much for your prayers!!! On the way to my first stop in China, I sat by Mr. & Mrs. Wei. It was fun to be able to talk with them and learn a little Chinese. Mrs. Wei also gave me their address and phone number so that when Amanda and I go to Beijing, we can meet up with them and she can make us dumplings. =)

After arriving in Kunming, I met Felicia and Amanda who took me to their home. I was able to shower(!!!!) and then the whole family and Joyce, a former student of theirs, took me to the Grass restaurant. Dinner was amazing! I love Chinese food! After dinner I was able to talk with Felicia for a while. It was really good to get to hear her heart and about the lives of those now around me. I was able to stay awake until 8pm and finally crashed into bed. But now it is 6am and I'm wide awake! =)

Today, Amanda, Joyce, and I are going to the square (2 blocks from their home) to pray at 8am. Then the students get here at 9am for class. Please pray that my stomach will rapidly adjust to Chinese food and that I won't get sick, pray that I'll recover from jet lag quickly, pray Chinese comes quickly, and pray that I will be used by God to impact the lives of those around me!!!!

Blessings,
Ashton

4 comments:

  1. Ashton, today's communication tools are wonderful.
    I wouldn't dare eat Chinese food with all of my stomach problems.....But eat away !!!! I was on line reading about where you are. I think it is green and hot. I am glad that you are getting settled. I know you are going to have a ball. Chinese children are so precious with their round fat cheeks. Love you and miss you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, Ashton. We are praying...for jet lag and God's will! Love you, The Kopplins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! that sounds so awesome! Praise God for your safe trip and the awesome people in your paths! I pray that your stomach will be just fine, even better than normal, and that God's light will continue to shine bright through you. Also that He would give you favor, and knowledge and skill in all literature, language, and wisdom, and that you would have understanding in dreams and visions, and in all that you set your hand to it would prosper. Our Holy Spirit is a God of Wisdom, His name is understanding, He will bless you for His glory! Love you!! keep shining that beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it safe! Praying Acts 4!

    ReplyDelete