Thursday, June 16, 2011

4 Days left in the States

4 Days.......4!!!!! I can't believe how much time has flown by! I leave on Tuesday the 21st.....wow!!!! So many of you have been such a key part in this journey supporting me in the planning stages, financially, prayerfully, logistically.....thank you so much for being part of this stage in my life! I still find myself saying, "Oh, I want to go on a mission trip!" and then realizing.....I am! =) As I read my old blog posts, it has been fun to see my missionary heart learning how to take flight and follow God's leadership. God has blessed me immensely! Not only am I 100% funded for China, God has raised almost $8000 this past year for both Taiwan and Japan, and now China. I always said that if it's God's will, He will bring in the money.....and He has proven Himself faithful! In both cases the time in which the bulk of the money had to come in was too short for man's timing and could only be God. He is so faithful to complete the work He has started in us! =)

My grandparents came to visit on Friday and we went to Boonville, MO to go bike riding on the Katy Trail and stay at the Hotel Frederick. It was lots of fun! We rode about 24 miles on Monday and about 15 miles on Tuesday. =) It has been really relaxing the past couple of days to enjoy time with them. This weekend we are going camping at Stockton Lake. I apologize for not blogging sooner!

As the day of my departure for China draws nearer, I guess the prayer on my heart is that God would encounter me in a fresh way and that His presence and Spirit would flow from me to the Chinese people. I want my life to be a testimony to the Chinese people. In a country where Christianity is outlawed, I want my every day actions to be my words. I want my dance to speak to the hearts of the Chinese. I'm so excited to see the ways that God is going to use me this summer!!! It is such a blessing to be His tool to do His purposes.

One of the things He has been teaching me is how to respect people; my elders and friends alike. It is so important that we learn how to treat our fellow brothers and sisters. And what I have found is that it mostly boils down to the fruit of the spirit. If we are utilizing all of these in our daily lives, respecting and honoring others comes almost naturally. Respect is also a part of marriage! It is part of our marriage to God as well as to our earthly spouse. All to say, respect is important! I have only discovered the edge of the Grand Canyon of God's mysteries!

Some prayer requests:
>Safe travel
>Peace for my parents as I'm traveling by myself
>That my suitcase arrives safely
>Amanda (the other intern in China) as she was sick yesterday
>Blessing on the Winkle household
>Blessing on the students in the school the Winkles teach in
>That God would be made known by me living summer 2011 in China

Have a blessed day!!!! Thank you for everything!

Love,
Ashton =)

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it (in KC!) when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for all of your request. Be safe always remember who you are, a child of God's. What an adventure you are going to have, can't to hear about it. Love you so much Ashton,
    Grandma and Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your "clock" now shows "0" weeks. In about 3 hours, it will show "0" days!
    Love,
    Papa

    ReplyDelete