Wednesday, May 11, 2011

41 Days!

Today is an exiting day! At about 12:20am, my dad and I purchased my plane ticket to China!!!!! =) I will officially be leaving on June 21st, 2011 and arriving in China on June 23rd. I will return on August 8th, and get to Kansas City about the same time I leave China.......gotta love time change. =) I fly to LAX on Frontier Airlines and then to China on China Southern Airlines. Coming back I fly China Eastern Airlines and Frontier again to KC. Please pray for these airlines and pilots that they will be blessed and everything will run smoothly. I still cannot believe this is happening! God is so good! So, I will be getting on a plane in 41 days. =) Wow!

I also have another praise report. I am 95% funded! Please continue praying and believing with me that the rest of the money comes in.

Now the packing process begins. What to take, what not to take. Pray that God would cause me to remember everything that I need to take and that if I'm not supposed to take it, that it will stay behind. I've never gone somewhere for 7 weeks, so this is a new experience! Please pray for my parents and sister too as they are adjusting to the reality that I won't be here this summer.

I can't get over the fact that I'm actually going.....I'm going to China! God's plans for our lives surely take us on the most amazing journey we could ever think of! Three years ago if you had told me if I would go to China by myself, I would never have believed you! But God is so faithful to continue to draw us after His plans and purposes!

Thank you for praying!
Ashton

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ashton!! I'm so excited to see your zeal for the Lord in this trip. I pray that He will give you clear understanding of His heart for Asia and that the relationships you make during this trip will draw you even deeper into His heart for all people. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete